Please select a wishlist you wish to add selected product(s) to:
A little from here. Some from over there. This cool contemporary pattern borrows from itself to create a kaleidoscope of creativity whose fabulous parts are equal to its brilliant whole.
Sizzix Die(s) Used656333-Sizzix Bigz Die - Circles 656668-Sizzix Bigz Die - Leaves, Slim 657630-Sizzix Bigz L Die - Bottle, 5 7/8" H Finished 657631-Sizzix Bigz L Die - Robbing Peter to Pay Paul, 4 1/4" Assembled 657632-Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Strips, 1" Wide 658313-Sizzix Bigz Die - Circles, 1" 658328-Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Strips, 2 1/2" Wide 658330-Sizzix Bigz Pro 25" Die - Strips, 2 1/2" Wide
|3/4 yd||Purple print||Cut (18) Block Centers|
Cut (72) Outside 1/2 football-shaped pieces
|3/4 yd||White print||Cut (18) Block Centers|
Cut (60) Outside 1/2 football-shaped pieces
|1/2 yd||Solid white||Cut (1) 10 3/4" x 29 1/2" for the background|
|10" Square||Purple monotone||Cut (2) Bottles*|
Cut (2) 1" Circles*
|10" Square||Purple monotone #2||Cut (2) Bottles*|
Cut (2) 1" Circles*
|10" Square||Green monotone||Cut (4) Large Slim Leaves*|
Cut (4) 1/4" x 6" for Stems*
|3/4 yd||Yellow monotone||Cut (4) 2 1/4" Circles*|
Cut (3) 1" wide Strips, sub-cut into:
Cut (2) 1" x 11 3/4"
Cut (2) 1" x 29 1/2"
Cut (4) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF for binding
|3/4 yd||Backing fabric||Cut (2) 27" x 22"|
|25" x 50"||Batting|
|1/2 yd||Fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 19 1/4" x 45 1/2"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- WOF = width of fabric
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
Assembling the Center:
- Use the photo as a guide, arrange two Bottles, Stems, Leaves, 2 1/4" Circles and 1" Circles on each end of the white 10 3/4" x 29 1/2" background.
- When satisfied with the placement, heat fuse in place using an iron.
- Sew the 1" x 29 1/2" yellow Strips to the long sides of the center. Press.
- Sew the 1" x 11 3/4" yellow Strips to the top and bottom. Press.
Piecing the Block:
- Take a Block Center (of one color) and a 1/2 Football Shape (of the second color). With right sides together, line up the inside curve of one piece with the outside curve of the other. Match the center notch, pin. Match the two outside edges and pin. You might want to place some extra pins along the rest of the curve to make it easier to ease the pieces together. Carefully sew the seam together making sure the pieces remain aligned along the outside edge. Press the seam towards the piece with the outside curve. Repeat 3 more times around the center to complete the block.
- Make 18 blocks with purple print centers and white print around the outside and 18 blocks with white print centers and purple print around the outside.
- Using the photo as a guide, sew two sets of 8 blocks together for the long sides of the runner. Alternate the two blocks. Press.
- Sew a row of 8 blocks to each of the long sides of the center. Press.
- Using the photo as a guide, sew four sets of 5 blocks together for the top and bottom of the runner. Alternate the two blocks. Two of the rows will start and end with a purple center block and the other two with a white center. Press.
- Again, using the photo as a guide, sew two rows of 5 blocks together. Press. Repeat.
- Sew the pieces made in step 6 to the top and bottom of the center. Press.
- Sew the two 27" x 22" pieces together to make a 22" x 54" backing.
- Layer the backing, batting, and top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew the binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold the binding in half, lengthwise, with wrong sides together and press.
- Sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the table runner. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the table runner and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.