If you thought one little black dress made a big statement, how about a whole quilt full of them? That's what this fashionable project promises. Create this classic pattern as a stylish wall hanging to celebrate all things feminine.
Please select a wishlist you wish to add selected product(s) to:
|(5) Fat 1/4||Assorted black prints||Cut (9) Dresses*|
Cut (24) 2 1/2" x 8 1/2" Rectangles for sashing
|(4) Fat 1/4||Assorted white-on-white prints||Cut (9) 8 1/2" Squares|
|1/2 yd||Gray print||Cut (5) 2 1/2" wide Strips for binding|
Cut (16) 2 1/2" Squares for cornerstones
|1 yd||Backing fabric|
|40" x 40"||Batting|
|Assorted crystal beads and|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 32" x 32"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 21"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
Piecing the Quilt:
- Place a Dress on top of an 8 1/2" white-on-white Square. Heat fuse in place using an iron and stitch around the shapes as desired. Embellish with crystal beads and pearls to form waist sash. Repeat to make eight more Dress blocks.
- Using the quilt image as a guide, alternate sewing four 2 1/2" x 8 1/2" black Rectangles and three Dress blocks to form a sashing and Dress block row. Make three rows.
- Alternate sewing four gray cornerstone Squares and three 2 1/2" x 8 1/2" black Rectangles to form the sashing row. Make four rows.
- Sew horizontal rows together, starting at the top with the cornerstone and sashing row, and alternating with a sashing and Dress block row to form the finished quilt top.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together, lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.