Please select a wishlist you wish to add selected product(s) to:
Wool StockingProject #16649
Celebrate the holidays your way! It's easy when you decorate a stocking with your favorite die-cuts. For a shorter sport sock length (vs. a knee high sock), place your fabric on half the length and create.
Sizzix Die(s) Used658105-Sizzix Bigz Die - Leaves, Plain #2 659789-Sizzix Bigz Die - Flower Layers #15 660929-Sizzix Bigz Die - Penny Rug Circles & Tongues 660914-Sizzix Bigz Plus Die - Stocking
|(2) 6" x 10 1/2"||White wool||Cut (2) Stockings and hanger|
|Scraps||White wool||Cut (6) 3/8" Circles|
|Scraps||White wool||Cut (9) 1/8" Circles|
|3" x 6"||Yellow wool||Cut (1) cuff|
|2" x 2"||Yellow wool||Cut (1) small Flower|
|3 1/2" x 4"||Green wool||Cut (1) toe|
|3" x 3"||Green wool||Cut (1) Leaf, cut in half|
|3 1/2" x 8"||Red wool||Cut (2) daisies|
|1" x 14"||Red wool||Cut (1) hanger for stripe, cut into three pieces|
|Scraps||Red wool||Cut (3) 3/8" Circles|
|Scrap||Dark gold wool||Cut (1) 3/4" Circle|
- Finished Size: 5 x 9 3/4"
- Unless indicated otherwise, all stitching is with one strand of embroidery floss.
- Cut the red hanger strip into three pieces to match the cuff size.
Assembling the Project:
- On the front of the Stocking, layer the Leaves, red Flowers, and yellow Flower. Hold shapes in place with glue baste.
- Back stitch down the center of the Leaves with green floss.
- Stitch through each of the yellow petals with a running stitch, catching all layers.
- Lay a dark gold circle in the center of the Flower and stitch in place with a star stitch and two strands of yellow floss, going through all layers. The edges of the red Flower are not stitched down.
- Lay the red stripes on the yellow cuff and whipstitch with red floss.
- Add the small circles to the stripes and stitch over the top.
- Attach the cuff to the Stocking. Whipstitch with yellow floss.
- Attach the toe to the cuff. Whipstitch with green floss.
- Add the small red circles to the toe and star stitch with yellow floss.
- Scatter the white circles around the Flower and star stitch with white thread.
- With two strands of floss, blanket stitch across the top of the cuff using yellow floss.
- Blanket stitch across the top of the backing cuff with two strands of white floss.
- Put the front and back together. Blanket stitch with two strands of floss, changing colors to match the body, cuff and toe.
- Fold the hanger in half and stitch inside the cuff on one side. Tie the ends together.