Please select a wishlist you wish to add selected product(s) to:
Posy Patch Penny RunnerProject #17477
Express your style in everything you do, including your penny runners. From brilliant colors to eye-catching patterns, this creation accents any room with your special vision.
Sizzix Die(s) Used660929-Sizzix Bigz Die - Penny Rug Circles & Tongues 660913-Sizzix Bigz Plus Die - Penny Rug Mat 661639-Sizzix Bigz Die - Posy Patch
|(2) 13" x 16"||Yellow wool||Cut (2) Penny Rug Mats|
Cut (14) tiny circles
Cut (2) small roses
Cut (4) ovals
|2 1/2" x 5"||Bright pink wool||Cut (2) large roses|
Cut (2) small circles
|2" x 6"||Lavender wool||Cut (2) tulips|
|6" x 6"||Green wool||Cut (8) large leaves|
Cut (4) medium leaves
|2 1/2" x 2 1/2"||Cream wool||Cut (2) small roses|
Cut (4) small leaves (for bee wings)
|2" x 2"||Teal||Cut (2) daisies|
|1 1/2" x 2"||Black||Cut (2) ovals (for bee bodies)|
|10||Assorted wool scraps||Cut (10) small roses|
- Finished Size: 8" x 11 1/2"
- Unless indicated otherwise, all stitching is with one strand of embroidery floss.
Assembling the Project:
- On one runner piece, lay the small roses in the center of the scallops. Add a tiny yellow circle to the center of each. Attach with a yellow star-stitch, going through all layers.
- Place the teal daisies in the center of each mat, close to the scallops. Add a small cream rose to the center of each. Attach with a yellow star-stitch. Make yellow running stitches down the center of each petal.
- Add two medium leaves to either side of the daisy. Attach with a green running stitch down the center.
- Layer the bright pink and yellow rose shapes to form a flower. Add a tiny yellow circle with a yellow star-stitch, going through all layers. Whipstitch the large rose with pink floss. The edges of the middle rose are not stitched down.
- Add large leaves to the rose, and attach with a green running stitch down the center.
- Whipstitch the tulips with lavender floss. Attach the yellow ovals with yellow running stitches. Attach the small bright pink circles above the ovals with a yellow star-stitch.
- Tuck the cream wings under the bee bodies. Attach with one cream long stitch down the center. Use two strands of yellow floss to make three large overcast stitches over the bee bodies.
- Pin the top and back runners together, and blanket stitch with two strands of yellow floss.