How to make a Mixed Media Card
Learn how to create a mixed media card from the helpful step by step!
Other Supplies: Frame, White Card, Paper Trimmer, Access to printer or stamped sentiment.
- Begin by printing your chosen sentiment on white card. Around the middle of the card when portrait is best as this will give you more options when cutting to size later on.
- Using some Sizzix Maker’s Tape, mask the sentiment horizontally so that the writing is equal distance from the sides of the tape. Leave the tape over the sentiment.
- Apply some creamy acrylic paint to a craft mat. Take the Sizzix Texture Tool and scoop the paint onto the side with the straight edge.
- Starting roughly two inches above the masked sentiment, drag the paint downwards in a slight arc. I would recommend practicing this mark making technique on a craft mat until satisfied with the result, before marking on the card.
- Repeat this technique, slightly overlapping the previous mark, with another color of Sizzix Creamy Matte Acrylic Paint. The two colors I used were Bluebell and Mango Tango.
- Next, when the paint has dried, apply the same technique using Sizzix 3-D Adhesive. Again, this should overlap the previous marks. By taking a smaller amout onto the Sizzix Texture tool, you will achieve a less solid streak of adhesive, this will allow the color beneath to show through when you apply the Sizzix Silver Foil.
- When the 3-D Adhesive has dried clear, apply Sizzix Silver Decorative Foil Sheets to transfer to the adhesive streak. Do this by applying placing the sheet over the area of adhesive and rubbing with your knuckle, the parts you want the silver foil to transfer.
- Now, peel away the Maker’s Tape to reveal the clean sentiment beneath the mixed media composition.
- Trim the area around the composition to fit within your frame. I chose to use Sizzix Foam Tape to apply my composition to the centre of the frame, with roughly an inch of space surrounding the square element. And your mixed media frame is complete.