Ellison Angel Policy
EllisonEducational Equipment, Inc. (collectively “we” “us” “our” “Sizzix” “Ellison” “sizzix.com” “ellisonretailer.com” “ellisoneducation.com” “ellison.com”) welcomes artists who would like to use our various lines of die design images that we own or license from others (Sizzix, eclips, SureCut, AllStar, ClearCrop, collectively “Die Image(s)”) in their own hand-made craftwork to which they have personally made a tangible, substantial, creative contribution and that they produce to sell (“Craftwork(s)”). Therefore, unless otherwise indicated in writing, we give permission in the form of a non-exclusive, limited, non-transferable license to use any Die Images that you have purchased or currently own for the purpose of creating Craftworks for sale, under the following criteria:
- Each Craftwork created for sale must be personally and individually hand-made into a tangible medium by the selling artist and may not be reproduced, copied, imitated, or materially altered in any form by any means, graphic, electronic, digital or mechanical, including photocopying. Mass production, assembly-line construction, production by workers for hire, packaging the Die Image shapes “as is,” without a substantial creative contribution by you, or syndication of Craftwork for sale is strictly prohibited.
- The Die Images are proprietary and/or copyrighted by their respective owners, which mean that they may not be copied without permission. To help protect these proprietary permission provided herein, all Craftworks created for sale using Die Images must be attributed to the respective proprietary rights and/or copyright owner by marking each Craftwork with the same copyright notice found on the label of the relevant die (or on its packaging) used to produce the Craftwork.
Sample Die Images:
(Rollover to preview)
- There are no quantity limits for sale of Craftworks that abide by the restrictions as stated in this policy.
- Completed, hand-made Craftworks may be sold at competitive and non-competitive retail locations, temporary craft events, community fundraisers, and over the Internet. In selling Craftworks, the seller must make it clear that the items are hand-made, and not a product of or associated with us or any of our licensors. The seller may indicate the supplies used are from the respective Ellison products, but neither the Ellison nor any Die Image logos, which include but are not limited to, Sizzix, Ellison, AllStar, SureCut, ClearCrop, eclips, or any licensor logos, may be used in any way for the sole purpose of promoting the sale of Craftworks.
- You may not use Die Images for the purpose of creating logos or company trademarks.
- Persons creating hand-made Craftworks for sale are responsible for complying with any state and local business and tax regulations.
- Persons participating in this angel policy assume all liability for suitability of their work and agree to indemnify Ellison, its officers, employees, affiliates and licensors, and assigns from disputes arising from their work.
- Ellison is a California corporation. The laws of the State of California govern the policy. The state and federal courts for Orange County, California, will have exclusive jurisdiction over any proceeding arising from this policy. Any failure by Ellison to enforce any of its rights will not constitute a waiver of such rights.