The Hearts #4 die is a Bigz die and has three differently sized, pretty large hearts. It is great value for the money, and a heart die is something you'll use all year around. I decided to make my own ornaments, using Christmas photos from different years. The hearts are chunky and I wanted them to look like wood. If you don't want to make ornaments, you can make flat hearts and use them on a card or a scrapbooking page.
Start by die cutting the hearts from mat board, using this sandwich: cutting pad, die facing up, mat board, second cutting pad. You can also use chipboard, but you might need more layers.
Paint the hearts on all sides with Dina Wakley's Ruby paint, which is a lovely red.
I wanted some more stamping on the hearts and used a Tim Holtz ice skates text stamp together with Jet Black ink, stamping it only here and there.
Drill holes through the hearts.
Coat the edges of the hearts with Ranger's Emboss It Dabber and sprinkle with Aged Ivory Embossing Enamel. Melt the powder with a heat gun, taking care not to burn yourself.
Cut and fray small pieces of Tim Holtz fabric and layer under the photos. When I edited these photos, I realised I had written the wrong year on two of them, I have fixed it now.
Add mirror stars and chit chat stickers as embellishments. The number label stickers were sanded slightly.
It would be fun to have one of these hearts for every year's Christmas photos. I still need to make one for 2012 (I had missed including those photos here) and from this year's photos which we took yesterday.
Thank you so much for looking!
Happy Christmas Crafting!
Other Supplies Used:
- Dies: Sizzix - Hearts #4
- Surfaces: Sizzix - Little Sizzles Cream Mat Board
- Stamps: Stamper's Anonymous Tim Holtz - Wallpaper & Wood, Old Fashioned Christmas
- Ink: Ranger Archival Ink - Red Geranium, Jet Black; Emboss It Dabber
- Embossing Powder: Stampendous - Aged Ivory Embossing Enamel
- Paint: Ranger Dina Wakley - Ruby
- Embellishments: Tim Holtz idea-ology - Seasonal Chit Chat Stickers, Mirror Stars, Label Letters, Tidings Token; twine
- Fabric: Tim Holtz Eclectic Elements