Supplies Used: Cardstock, Chalk, Chipboard, Crayons, Glue, Pen, Scissors, Tape
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Cut an 8 1/4" circle from cardstock or chipboard. Cut a 6 1/4" circle inside the larger circle, leaving a 1" wide ring. Alternately, two ridged paper plates may be glued together with the center cut out to make a ring.
- Die-cut three red, two light green and three dark green Apple using cardstock or construction paper.
- Place eight various shades of brown paper over the leaf and stem area of the Apple and die-cut. Cut the stems and adhere to the Apples (see Main Photo).
- Place eight various shades of green paper over the leaf area of the Apple and die-cut. Cut the leaves and adhere to the stem on the Apples.
- Use chalk or crayons for highlights.
- Adhere the Apples to the ring.
- Cut eight small rectangles from white paper and write different adjectives on each. Adhere the adjectives to the Apples.
- Each student can make a wreath to describe an apple, or the whole class may participate and hang the Apple wreath on the bulletin board (see Main Photo).