Sea Scene #2
Create a three-dimensional display featuring aquatic life.
Supplies Used: Adhesive Foam Dots, Construction Paper, Glue, Paper Plates (Coated, Heavy-Duty), Plastic Wrap (Blue), Scissors, Tape (Double-Sided), Thread
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Cut a 6" diameter opening in a heavy-duty coated paper plate for each student (Figure A).
- Cut an 8" square of blue plastic food wrap. With the paper plate sitting right-side-up, securely tape the plastic over the opening and cut off any excess plastic. Set this plate, the front of the aquarium, aside (Figure B).
- Die-cut any Wave Border for the background.
- Die-cut the Angelfish, Clownfish & Sea Turtle from a variety of colors of construction paper. Each student should decorate the flat bottom of a second heavy-duty, coated paper plate, sitting right-side-up, using the die-cuts as desired. Use adhesive foam dots behind any of the shapes to add dimension.
- Use glue or double-sided tape to adhere the rim of the front (with the opening) and the back (with the sea scene) together. Mat a creative title and adhere to the project (see Main Photo).
- Figure A
- Figure B