March Bulletin Board
Get ready for March with an exciting classroom bulletin board project!
Supplies Used: Cardstock, Cork or Bulletin Board, Glue or Tape (Double-Sided), Scissors
The teacher will cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the 4IN Block Capital letters to create the month and year for the calendar title.
- Staple narrow paper strips onto the board to create the calendar grid.
- Die-cut 31 Frogs. Decorate each Frog with eyes (circle punches) and tongues. Label each Frog with Boss-O! numbers 1-31.
- Die-cut Frog Footprints and track them across the board.
- Die-cut the BIRTHDAY title and days of the week using appropriately sized Block letters. Alternatively, spell out title using adhesive letters or print it out using a computer and attach to the board.
- Die-cut any size Circle to create balloons and attach to the board.
- Die-cut Cupcake Flashcards for student celebrations.
- Have each student write their name and birth date on a Candle or Star Wand attach one to each Cupcake, to be placed on the appropriate squares each month.
- Note: Each of the other shapes in the Laura Kelly Calendar Set will fit inside the same grid, making it easy to replace the Frogs with a different die-cut shape each month.(see Main Photo).