Dinosaur Pop-Up Report
Avoid extinction and study and write about dinosaurs.
Supplies Used: Adhesive, Construction paper or cardstock, Crayons or markers, Scissors
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Fold an 8 1/2" x 11" or 9" x 12" sheet of construction paper in half.
- Cut two slits in the center of the fold 1" long and about 1" apart (Figure A) to make a tab.
- Fold up the tab, and crease (Figure B). Unfold the tab, and pop the tab from the back for a pop-up page (Figure C).
- Die-cut the dinosaurs using cardstock or construction paper. Decorate and add shading with crayons, markers, pens or paper layers.
- Attach each decorated dinosaur to a tab, and adhere lined paper under the tab (Figure D).
- Place adhesive on the back of the first pop-up page, and adhere to the front of the second page (Figure E).
- Continue attaching each page to the next page.
- Cut and attach a piece of copy paper wide enough to cover the notches on the top of the pages. Add detail with patterned paper (Figure F & Main Photo).
- When students have completed their report, they can share their discoveries with their classmates.
- Figure A
- Figure B
- Figure C
- Figure D
- Figure E
- Figure F