The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Fold a sheet of cardstock or construction paper in half, making sure the paper is twice as long as the beach ball shape.
- Slide the folded edge to just inside the cutting blade of the ball, and die-cut. Die-cut two balls using assorted colors of paper. Leave one ball whole.
- Cut along the perforations of the other ball. Adhere the cut sections to the whole ball on every other section (Main Photo).
- Tape a piece of contrasting paper to the hole on the back of the decorated ball.
- Adhere the decorated ball to the front of the folded ball to create the front cover.
- Attach a piece of white paper to the inside back of the invitation.
- Trim around the outside of the ball.
- Students can print or handwrite any information on the inside of the invitation.
- Your students should have a ball making the invitations.