Supplies Used: Adhesive, Cardstock or construction paper, Crayons, markers or pens, Marker or pen (white), Pencil, Scissors, Sticker (letters or numbers), Watermark pen
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the Monkey #3 shape using two shades of cardstock or construction paper.
- With a pencil, draw lines on the back of one Monkey showing where to cut for embellishing.
- Cut the face and ear from one Monkey and attach to the second Monkey. Students may also embellish the Monkey with crayons, markers or pens (Figure A).
- Attach a piece of black paper behind the eye holes. With a white pen or marker, add a dot to the black eye to add life to the eye.
- Label each Monkey with a number or letter, either handwritten or with a sticker (Main Photo).
- Connecting the Monkeys is a wonderful way to reinforce and practice numerical and alphabetical order.
- Figure A