The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the Snowflake #3 using assorted fall colors of construction paper. Trim the outer points on some of the Snowflakes to make medium-sized Snowflakes, and leave some of them whole.
- Die-cut the Snowflake on the Cloud, Raindrop, Snowflake & Umbrella Die using assorted fall colors of construction paper.
- Using a 1/16" hole punch, punch a hole in the center of all the Snowflakes, punching two or three at a time.
- Slide a small Snowflake onto a skewer, and push it to the top of the skewer.
- Slide a bead onto the skewer followed by another small Snowflake and then another bead.
- Repeat this pattern, alternating Snowflakes and beads with the rest of the small, medium and whole Snowflakes and beads.
- Place the completed tree in a pot filled with dried beans or black-eyed peas (Main Photo). If desired, roll a strip of cardboard into a circle and secure with packing or masking tape.
- Place the rolled cardboard into a paper or plastic cup to make a holder for the tree.
- Who knew a winter Snowflake could make a tree-mendous fall tree!