Supplies Used: Adhesive, Cardstock, Construction paper, Crayons, colored markers or pens, Dried black-eyed peas or beans, Scissors, Stir or craft stick
The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the Cube 3-D using cardstock. Fold in the same direction on all the perforations.
- Place adhesive on the folded side tab. Overlap the opposite side and press firmly. Close the bottom of the Cube.
- Place adhesive on the inside of the side tabs. Fold the tabs down inside and press firmly.
- Leave the top flap up to glue the Lion in place. Fill the Cube with dried peas or beans.
- Die-cut the Lion #2 using light and dark yellow paper. Leave the light-yellow Lion whole.
- Adhere scraps of various colored paper behind the mouth, nose and ears of the darker yellow Lion.
- Use crayons or markers to add detail on the perforations around the Lion's face and mane (Main Photo).
- Trim along the perforations of the dark yellow Lion to separate the mane and the tip of the Lion's tail from the body of the Lion.
- Place adhesive on the back of the trimmed embellished face and tip of the tail and attach both to the light-yellow Lion.
- Place adhesive on the back of the embellished Lion and attach to the Cube and flap (Main Photo).
- Trim the top flap of the Cube to fit the finished edge of the Lion.
- Die-cut two Caption Boxes and write a message on the front of one Caption Box and on the back of the other Caption Box.
- Place adhesive on the back of the Caption Boxes, and sandwich a stir or craft stick between the two Caption Boxes.
- Fill the embellished Cube with dried peas. Place the stir stick and extra pencils into the peas (Main Photo).