The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut the flower from the Paper Clip Tops using cardstock or construction paper.
- With a circle punch, punch a circle from a contrasting color of paper.
- Place adhesive on the back of the circle, and adhere it to the center of the flower.
- Use a white pen or colored makers to add details to the flower.
- Place adhesive on the flap where the hinge will connect to the flower. This holds the paper clip firmly in place (Figure A).
- Slide the flap through the paper clip with the flower shape at the top of the paper clip, and fold it closed (Figure B). Press firmly to secure the paper clip to the flower at the hinge (Main Photo).