The teacher will die-cut the materials for student use prior to the lesson.
- Die-cut two Cornucopias using two shades of brown cardstock or construction paper. Leave one shape whole.
- With a pencil, draw a line along the squiggle edge of the opening of one Cornucopia. Trim along the perforations and the drawn line to make a ring.
- Attach the trimmed ring to the whole Cornucopia opening (Figure A).
- Use a watermark, shading or blending pen to draw lines on the Cornucopia Basket.
- Die-cut two of each leaf or food in various colors. Leave one shape whole.
- Trim along the perforations on the second shape and attach the trimmed shape to the whole shape.
- Students can use crayons, markers or pens to decorate the food. Use the embellished Cornucopia for classroom décor (Figure B).
Graph or Chart:
- Cut a large sheet of cardstock for a graph or chart and draw lines with a ruler and pen.
- Die-cut Tall ʼN Thin Capital Letters for the title of the graph and adhere to the graph.
- Die-cut two of each leaf or food in various colors and embellish as above.
- Adhere the embellished foods to the graph.
- Cut a rectangle to place beneath each food for students to choose their favorite with a hash mark.
- Have students place hash marks on the rectangles below their preferred food and then total the results (Main Photo).