Just Ducky Baby BibProject #13107
Using fusible adhesives makes quick work of appliqué. Just remember to keep the paper backing attached until after the shapes have been die-cut. Apply this darling Duck die-cut to any store-bought bib or make you own using the Bigz Pro Bib die.
Products Used657517-Sizzix Bigz L Die - Duck 658675-Sizzix Bigz Pro Die - Bib, 8 1/2" x 11 1/2" Unfinished
|Fat 1/8||Blue print||Cut (2) Bibs|
|5" x 7"||Yellow print||Cut (1) Duck*|
|5" x 5"||Orange print||Cut (1) Duck Bill*|
Cut (1) Duck Wing*
Cut (1) Duck Feet*
|2" x 2"||Dark blue print||Cut (1) set of Eyes*|
|12" x 12"||Batting||Cut (1) Bib|
|1 package||Bias tape (double fold)|
|1 package||Fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 9" x 12"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/8 = approximately 9" x 22"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shape.
Assembling the Project:
- Arrange the Duck the on the front of the Bib.
- Heat fuse in place with an iron.
- Stitch around the shapes as desired.
- Layer the backing, batting and Bib front. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew the bias tape to the neck of the Bib.
- Leaving no less than a 12" tail to start and end, sew the bias tape along the perimeter of the Bib.