|Fat 1/8||Yellow print||Cut (3) Ice Cream Scoops*|
Cut (3) Candles*
|Fat 1/8||Bright pink print||Cut (3) Frosted Cupcakes*|
|Fat 1/8||Green print||Cut (3) Ice Cream Scoops*|
|Fat 1/8||Lavender print||Cut (3) Ice Cream Scoops*|
|Fat 1/8||Brown print||Cut (3) Cones*|
|Fat 1/8||Turquoise print||Cut (3) Cupcake Liners*|
|Fat 1/8||Red print||Cut (3) Cherries*|
|1/2 yd||Black and white |
|Cut (4) 1 1/2" wide Strips x WOF|
Sub-cut (1) Strip into (3) 1 1/2" x 5" Strips
Cut (2) 2" wide Strips x WOF for binding
|Fat 1/4||White with polka-dots||Cut (3) 5" x 6 1/2" Rectangles|
Cut (3) 5" x 10" Rectangles
|Fat 1/4||Backing fabric|
|20" x 24"||Batting|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 17 1/4" x 18 1/2"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/8 = approximately 9" x 22"
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 21"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
- WOF = width of fabric
Piecing the Project:
- Place a Cupcake on top of a 5" x 6 1/2" Rectangle, layering as desired. Heat fuse in place using an iron and stitch around the shapes as desired. Repeat to form two more Cupcake blocks.
- Place an Ice Cream Cone on top of a 5" x 10" Rectangle, layering as desired. Heat fuse in place using an iron and stitch around the shapes as desired. Repeat to form two more Ice Cream Cone blocks.
- Using the quilt image as a guide, arrange the Cupcake and Ice Cream Cone blocks, 3 across by 2 down. Sew a 1 1/2" x 5" black and white checkered Strip in between a Cupcake and Ice Cream Cone block to form a vertical row. Press. Repeat to form two more rows.
- Measure the length of each vertical row and find the average length between the three. Use this measurement to cut the length of the four sashing rows. Sew the vertical sashing rows in place. Press.
- Measure from the left side to the right side of the quilt top. Use this measurement to cut the top and bottom sashing lengths. Sew in place. Press.
- Layer the backing, batting and top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together, lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the wall hanging. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the wall hanging and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.