Liberty Eagle Pillow
With the freedom to create your own way, you can design a patriotic masterpiece. For a personal touch, spell out the veteran's special branch of service using fusible adhesive backed fabric letters or embroider the shield with the veteran's name and years of duty.
|Fat 1/4||Brown print||Cut (1) Eagle*|
|5" x 5"||Cream print with writing||Cut (1) Shield*|
|Fat 1/8||Navy print||Cut (1) of each Letter* to spell "LIBERTY"|
|1/2 yd||Background and backing fabric||Cut (2) 17" Squares|
|1 3/4 yd||Navy cording|
|1||16" Square pillow form|
|1 yd||Fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 16" x 16"
- Fat 1/8 = approximately 9" x 22"
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 21"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
Assembling the Project:
- Use one 17" Square for the front of the pillow and one for the back. Set back aside for now.
- Arrange Eagle, Shield and word on the front of the pillow. Heat fuse in place with an iron. Stitch around as desired.
- Baste stitch the cording in place along the perimeter of the pillow front.
- Layer the pillow top and pillow back, right sides together. Pin and sew with 5/8" seam allowance, leaving an opening approximately 6" long to insert pillow form.
- Clip excess fabric in the corners on the diagonal. Turn right-side-out, insert the pillow form and whipstitch closed.