Passionate About Pink Hearts Wall Hanging
Romantics agree: this quilt unleashes love's classic qualities. From squares and strips to hearts and happiness, the comforts and creativity of the Quilting & Appliqué collection by Sizzix are all here. Follow the instructions below and easily re-create this heartfelt masterpiece.
|(9) Fat 1/4||Assorted pink prints||Cut (9) Hearts*|
Cut (16) 1 1/2" Squares for cornerstones
|(1) Fat 1/4||White-on-white print||Cut (9) 6 1/2" Squares|
|1/3 yd||Red print||Cut (24) 1 1/2" x 6 1/2" Rectangles for sashing|
|1/4 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (3) 2 1/2" wide Strips|
|2/3 yd||Backing fabric||Cut (1) 24" Square|
|26" x 26"||Batting|
|1 package||Fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 22" x 22"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 21"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
Piecing the Quilt:
- Place a Heart on top of a 6 1/2" white-on-white Square. Heat fuse in place using an iron and stitch around the shapes as desired. Repeat to make eight more Heart blocks.
- See the quilt photo for row lay out. Alternate sewing four 1 1/2" x 6 1/2" red Rectangles and three Heart blocks to form a sashing and Heart block row. Make three rows.
- Alternate sewing four pink cornerstone Squares and three 1 1/2" x 6 1/2" red Rectangles to form the sashing row. Make four rows.
- Sew horizontal rows together, starting at the top with the cornerstone and sashing row, and alternating with a sashing and Heart block row to form the finished quilt top.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together, lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.