Basket of Flowers Framed Canvas
Never miss a creative opportunity. Imagine how impressive your home décor items will look with a few key embellishments. There's no end to the possibilities when you take inspiration from the Sizzix Quilting & Appliqué collection.
|1/2 yd||Osnaburg fabric||Cut (1) 12" x 16" for the background|
|5" Square each||Red, pink, purple, orange|
and light blue wool
|Cut (2) different size Flowers* from each color|
|5" Square||Yellow wool||Cut (11) Flower Centers*|
|6" x 9"||Green wool||Cut (4) Basket Handles to form Flower Stems*|
Cut (3) Flowers to form Leaves*
|6" x 9"||Navy blue wool||Cut (1) Basket* and (1) Handle*|
|Assorted embroidery floss|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
|1||11" x 14" Canvas|
|1||11" x 14" Frame|
- Finished Size: 11" x 14"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
Assembling the Project:
- Fold the background fabric in half and press. Fold in half again and press. Unfold fabric. The pressed folds will intersect at the center to help you arrange the Basket and Flowers.
- Arrange the Basket, Flowers, Flower Centers, Stems and Leaves on the background. Trim Stems and Leaves as needed.
- When pleased with the arrangement, heat fuse in place with an iron. Blanket stitch around shapes as desired.
- Stretch the background around an 11" x 14" canvas and secure the edges with staples.
- Place the canvas into the frame.