Rose Star Mini One Block Quilt
Take beauty to a whole new level of creativity! This versatile design lends itself to more than just a quilt block, but matching pillows, table runners and full-size quilts.
|4" Square||Pink floral print||Cut (1) Rose Star large hexagon|
|10" Square||Green print||Cut (6) Rose Star large half-hexagons|
|10" Square||Light pink floral print||Cut (12) Rose Star large diamonds|
|10" Square||Pink paisley print||Cut (6) Rose Star large half-hexagons|
|6" Square||Green floral print||Cut (6) Rose Star large diamonds|
|1/2 yd||Background, backing and binding fabric||Cut (2) 12" Squares|
Cut (2) 2 1/2" wide Strip x WOF for binding
|15" x 15"||Batting|
|24" x 24"||Freezer paper||Cut (1) Rose Star small hexagon|
Cut (12) Rose Star small half-hexagons
Cut (18) Rose Star small diamonds
- Finished Size: 12" x 12"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- WOF = width of fabric
Piecing the Project:
- Iron the shiny side of freezer paper to the matching fabric shape.
- For each shape, baste fabric to paper by folding over the 1/4" seam allowance.
- With right sides together, whipstitch the long edge of one green half-hexagon to the edge of the middle hexagon. Continue adding the remaining five green half-hexagons in the same manner.
- With the right sides together, whipstitch the side edges of the green half-hexagons.
- With right sides together, whipstitch light pink floral diamonds to the green half-hexagons as seen in photo.
- With right sides together, whipstitch the sides of light pink floral diamonds.
- With right sides together, whipstitch pink paisley half-hexagons to light pink floral diamonds.
- With right sides together, whipstitch green floral diamonds to light pink floral diamonds.
- Remove the freezer paper.
- Position finished Rose Star in the middle of 12" background. Machine or hand appliqué in place.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.