Daddy's Girl Framed LayoutProject #15621
Remember her at her smallest and sweetest with this fun-filled page that you can customize for any occasion. Make it in just a few easy steps.
Products Used657551-Sizzix Framelits Die Set 8PK - Circles 657575-Sizzix Framelits Die Set 5PK - Labels, Fancy 657837-Sizzix Bigz XL Alphabet Die - Word Play 657690-Sizzix Bigz Die - Flower Layers & Leaves 658554-Sizzix Sizzlits Decorative Strip Alphabet Die - Wanted 658530-Sizzix Bigz Die - Mariposa
Other Supplies: Frame, Cardstock, Patterned Paper, Double-Sided Tape, Fabric, Fine-Line Black Pen, Foam Pads, Hot-Glue Gun, Mini Stapler, Pink Rivet and Rivet Gun, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Pumice Stone, Various Self-Adhesive Gems, White Embroidery Floss, White Flower-Shaped Button
- Dismantle the frame and discard the glass. Cover the back board with spotty paper and adhere with double-sided tape.
- Die-cut several hexagon shapes from patterned paper and apply ink subtly to the edge of each one before adhering into position with a combination of foam pads and PVA. Use a fine-line pen to draw a broken line around another hexagon to add interest.
- Reassemble frame without the glass.
- Apply ink to the edges of a photograph. Attach photograph to frame on an angle with double-sided tape. Decorate with two uneven Circle frames created using different Circle Framelits dies and adhere with PVA.
- Use the Wanted Alphabet to die-cut the word Girl' from yellow cardstock and attach to a green cardstock die-cut Fancy Label.
- Cut out an uneven rectangle from striped cardstock and yellow cardstock and apply ink to the edges before adhering together as shown. Adhere this to the top of the green card Fancy Label shape before decorating with a pink rivet and mini staples. Attach all of these elements to your layout using foam pads.
- Using the Word Play Alphabet, die-cut the letters required to create the word Daddy's' from coloured cardstock. Attach these letters using a combination of PVA and foam pads cut into thin strips.
- Use the Mariposa Bigz die to cut out a small butterfly and apply ink to the edges before attaching with foam pads.
- Tie a flower-shaped button with white embroidery floss and attack to the butterfly shape using a hot-glue gun.
- Complete the layout by attaching a mixture of fabric and cardstock flowers made using the Bigz Flower Layers & Leaves die and then embellishing using self-adhesive gems.