Owl Embroidery HoopProject #16015
Wondering how to give a simple embroidery hoop that little extra something? With one Sizzix Bigz die, you can turn any piece of home décor into something special.
Products Used657694-Sizzix Bigz Die - Owl #2
Other Supplies: Embroidery Hoop, Cotton Fabric, Embroidery Thread — Dark Grey, Fusible Adhesive, Iron, Vanishing Fabric Marker Pen
- Apply iron-on adhesive to the reverse of patterned grey fabric, adhering to the manufacturer's instructions and then trim a slightly curved shape as indicated and then peel off the backing paper before adhering into position onto a piece of plain grey fabric.
- Use the Bigz Owl #2 die to die-cut the Owl parts from various shades of fabric that have been backed with iron-on adhesive. Peel off the backing paper and then arrange as indicated before fixing into position with the iron.
- Fix your design onto the embroidery hoop and make as taut as possible before tightening.
- Using a needle and thread, sew a simple running stitch to highlight the owl's features.
- Practicing on paper first, use a vanishing fabric pen to write the phrase indicated, leaving a space for the heart. Fix the die-cut heart into position using an iron as before. Carefully hand stitch over the pen line and inside the heart as indicated.