How's this for fun and useful? Whether it's for school supplies or a traveling makeup kit, this Zippered Pouch makes storage always stylish.
Theme: Quilting & Patchwork
|Scraps||Variety of prints||Enough to make (2) 6" x 10" pieces* |
Cut (2) 4 1/2" x 8 1/2" Rectangles
|9" x 17"||Blue print||Cut (2) 4 1/2" x 8 1/2" Rectangles|
- Finished Size: 4" x 8"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- * = Stitch scraps together to make your own "fabric"
Assembling the Project:
- Layer the pieced fabric Rectangle right side up, then the 9" zipper facing down along the 8 1/2" edge and the blue print (lining) facing down.
- Pin all the layers in place.
- Using the zipper foot, sew the zipper in place.
- Open up the sewn layers and press fabric away from the zipper.
- Top stitch close to zipper.
- Repeat steps 1 through 5 for the other side of the zipper.
- Open zipper 6".
- Place right sides of outer fabric together and pin in place.
- Place lining right sides together and pin.
- Stitch all the way around the perimeter, leaving a 3" opening in the lining bottom.
- Turn right side out through opening.
- Stitch opening closed.
- Push lining into the bag.