|1/2 yd total||Assorted Christmas scraps||Cut (88) Equilateral Triangles|
|1/8 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (2) 2 1/4" wide Strips x WOF|
|1/2 yd||Backing fabric|
|16" x 20"||Batting|
- Finished Size: 13 1/2" x 18"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- WOF = width of fabric
Piecing the Quilt:
- Using the quilt photo as a guide, lay out the Equilateral Triangles and rearrange until satisfied with the look of the quilt. The Equilateral Triangles should make diamonds.
- Sew the Equilateral Triangles into rows, 11 across by 8 down.
- Sew the rows together to form the quilt top. Press.
- Square up the outside edges of quilt top using a straight edge ruler.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew the binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold the binding in half lengthwise, with wrong sides together, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.