|10" x 10"||Yellow print||Cut (1) Large Simple Wedge|
|10" x 10"||Light blue print||Cut (1) Large Simple Wedge|
|10" x 10"||Orange print||Cut (1) Large Simple Wedge|
|1/4 yd||Navy solid||Cut (3) Anchors*|
Cut (1) 1 1/4" wide Strip x 30"
Cut (1) 7 1/4" Equilateral Triangle
|34"||1/4" wide cording|
|1/4 yd||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
|1 package||Polyester fiberfill|
- Finished Size: 7" x 9"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
Making the Blocks:
- Place one Anchor on each Large Simple Wedge as seen in the image above.
- Heat fuse in place with an iron. Stitch around shapes as desired.
Making the Piping:
- Place the cording down the middle of the Strip and fold over, lining up the edges.
- With a zipper foot, baste close to the cording.
- Cut the piping into three 10" segments.
- Stitch the piping to long edge along the right side of each Large Simple Wedge.
- With right sides together, sew the three Large Simple Wedges together to form a pyramid shape.
- Stitch the 7 1/2" Equilateral Triangle to the bottom of the buoy, leaving a 4" opening.
- Turn right side out.
- Clip excess fabric in the corners on the diagonal. Turn right side out, stuff with polyester fiberfill and whipstitch closed.