|(4) Fat 1/4||Assorted gray and white prints|
|(26) Fat 1/8||Assorted prints||Cut (26) Bottles
Cut (22) Flowers*
Cut (22) Flower Centers*
|Fat 1/8||Green print||Cut (22) 1/2" wide Strips x various lengths for Flower stems*|
|1/4 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (4) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF|
|1 1/4 yd||Backing fabric|
|28" x 45"||Batting|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 24" x 41"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/8 = approximately 9" x 22"
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 21"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
- WOF = width of fabric
Piecing the Project:
- Arrange the Bottles in a row.
- To sew Bottles together, take two Bottles, with right sides together, and line up the curve of one piece with the curve of the other. Match the two outside edges and pin. Match the center and pin. You might want to place some extra pins along the rest of the curve to make it easier to ease the pieces together. Carefully sew the seam together, making sure the pieces remain aligned along the outside edge.
- Continue sewing Bottles in the same manner, until you have 26 in a row. Press the seam towards the darker color.
- Sew the 9" ends of the gray and white fat 1/4 prints together to make a 9" x 44" rectangle.
- Repeat step 4 with the two remaining gray and white fat 1/4 prints.
- Place the 9" x 44" background next to sewn bottles. Decide on the placement of the 1/2" wide stems that are coming out of the Bottle tops. Heat fuse stems in place on the background.
- Repeat step 6 with other 9" x 44" background piece.
- Sew the 9" x 44" background pieces to each side of pieced Bottles strip.
- Heat fuse Flowers and Flower Centers in place.
- Stitch around Flowers, Flower Centers and Stems.
- Square off the quilt top by trimming away excess.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Sew the binding Strips together to form one long Strip. Fold the binding in half lengthwise, with wrong sides together and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.