Mini American Wool Flag
Line up for a patriotic project! From its stellar stitched stars to its layered stripes, this idea is all American, all the time!
|8" x 14"||Red wool||Cut (2) 3 1/2" x 6 1/2" Rectangles|
|2" x 2"||Blue wool||Cut (1) 2" Square|
|6" x 6"||Ivory wool||Cut (4) Strips (from Stocking die)|
|Assorted embroidery floss|
- Finished Size: 3 1/2" x 6 1/2" without stick
- Unless indicated otherwise, all stitching is with one strand of embroidery floss.
Assembling the Project:
- Place the blue Square in the top left corner of one of the red Rectangles. Stitch around using a decorative stitch and blue floss.
- Place ivory Strips on Rectangle. Stitch down the center of each Strip with a running stitch and ivory floss.
- Stitch French knots on the blue Square for stars.
- Place the Rectangles together. Blanket stitch with two strands of red floss around all edges.