Dreidel Door Decoration
Light the menorah and put up the decorations! Honor Hanukkah with this lovely Dreidel Door Decoration that captures the joy and tradition of this very special time.
|Fat 1/4||Blue solid||Cut (5) 2 1/2" Squares*|
Cut (4) Equilateral Triangles*
|2" x 5"||Gold solid*|
|1/2 yd||Fusible interfacing|
|2" x 5"||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
|1 small bag||Polyester fiberfill|
- Finished Size: 3 1/2" x 2"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 22"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
- The fabric requirements are for one dreidel.
Cutting the Shapes:
- Search on the internet for a clip art image of the Hebrew letters: נ (Nun), ג (Gimel), ה (He) and ש (Shin). Use eCAL2 to "Trace" the images.
- Enlarge the images to 1.000" tall.
- Move the shapes next to each other to make the most of your fabric.
- Place the gold fabric, fabric side down, onto the Fabric Cutting Mat. Press firmly.
- Load the Fabric Cutting Mat, and cut when ready. If using scrap pieces, make sure to use "Laser Cut Preview" to ensure you will cut the shape correctly.
- Cut. Pull the shapes and leftover fabric off the Fabric Cutting Mat.
- Set aside the shapes.
Assembling the Project:
- Place fusible interfacing on the wrong side of the blue fabric. Heat fuse in place with an iron.
- Sew a Square to a Triangle. Repeat three times.
- With wrong sides together, line up a Square/Triangle unit with another Square/Triangle unit along their long sides. Sew together. Add another Square/Triangle unit, and sew in place.
- Sew the fourth Square/Triangle unit to the first and third panels to form the dreidel body.
- Sew the remaining 2 1/2" Square to the top to finish the dreidel.
- Clip the corners.
- Turn right side out.
- Stuff with polyester fiberfill.
- Heat fuse one letter in place for each side.
- Hand stitch the ribbon in place.