Dreidel Door Decoration
Light the menorah and put up the decorations! Honor Hanukkah with this lovely Dreidel Door Decoration that captures the joy and tradition of this very special time.
Theme: Holidays & Celebrations
|Fat 1/4||Blue solid||Cut (5) 2 1/2" Squares*|
Cut (4) Equilateral Triangles*
|2" x 5"||Gold solid*|
|1/2 yd||Fusible interfacing|
|2" x 5"||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
|1 small bag||Polyester fiberfill|
- Finished Size: 3 1/2" x 2"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 22"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
- The fabric requirements are for one dreidel.
Cutting the Shapes:
- Search on the internet for a clip art image of the Hebrew letters: נ (Nun), ג (Gimel), ה (He) and ש (Shin). Use eCAL2 to "Trace" the images.
- Enlarge the images to 1.000" tall.
- Move the shapes next to each other to make the most of your fabric.
- Place the gold fabric, fabric side down, onto the Fabric Cutting Mat. Press firmly.
- Load the Fabric Cutting Mat, and cut when ready. If using scrap pieces, make sure to use "Laser Cut Preview" to ensure you will cut the shape correctly.
- Cut. Pull the shapes and leftover fabric off the Fabric Cutting Mat.
- Set aside the shapes.
Assembling the Project:
- Place fusible interfacing on the wrong side of the blue fabric. Heat fuse in place with an iron.
- Sew a Square to a Triangle. Repeat three times.
- With wrong sides together, line up a Square/Triangle unit with another Square/Triangle unit along their long sides. Sew together. Add another Square/Triangle unit, and sew in place.
- Sew the fourth Square/Triangle unit to the first and third panels to form the dreidel body.
- Sew the remaining 2 1/2" Square to the top to finish the dreidel.
- Clip the corners.
- Turn right side out.
- Stuff with polyester fiberfill.
- Heat fuse one letter in place for each side.
- Hand stitch the ribbon in place.