Star of David QuiltProject #17522
Put your faith and creativity on display with a Star of David Quilt. This beautiful pattern brings together beautiful colors and symbols to share the rich history and hope of Judaism.
Products Used658328-Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Strips, 2 1/2" Wide 658330-Sizzix Bigz Pro 25" Die - Strips, 2 1/2" Wide 658123-Sizzix Bigz XL 25" Die - Triangles, Equilateral 3" H x 3 1/2" W Unfinished
|1/2 yd||Blue ombre||Cut (78) Equilateral Triangles|
|2 yd||Yellow||Cut (42) Equilateral Triangles|
Cut (4) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF
|2 1/4 yd||White||Cut (376) Equilateral Triangles|
|1 1/4 yd||Backing fabric|
|42" x 40"||Batting|
- Finished Size: 39" x 35"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- WOF = width of fabric
Piecing the Quilt Top:
- Using the quilt photo as a guide, lay out the entire quilt on a design wall or the floor. This will make it easier to keep track of piecing.
- Sew Equilateral Triangles together into a row. Iron seams open. Return each finished row back into the layout.
- Sew the rows together until you have completed the top. Again, press the seams open to reduce bulk.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine as desired.
- Sew binding strips together to form one long strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt, and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.