Tumbler Wreath Wall Hanging
For all-around fun, simply sew your Tumbler shapes together into a full circle. You can also use your Circles to embellish the crown points for an added pop of color.
Theme: Quilting & Patchwork
|(8) Fat 1/8||Assorted prints||Cut (16) Tumblers|
Cut (32) Circles*
|7/8 yd||Background fabric||Cut (1) 28" square|
|7/8 yd||Backing fabric||Cut (1) 28" square|
|1/4 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (3) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF|
|30" x 30"||Batting|
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
- Finished Size: 28" x 28"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/8 = approximately 9" x 22"
- WOF = width of fabric
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
Piecing the Quilt Top:
- On each Tumbler, fold the 4 1/2" edge right sides together, and stitch from the fold to the side edge. Turn right side out, making a point. Press.
- On a design board, arrange the Tumblers in a ring.
- Stitch the Tumbler sides together.
- Turn the raw edge of the ring 1/4", and press to set.
- Find the middle of the background by folding diagonally.
- Place the ring in the center of the background, and pin in place.
- Blind hem stitch or topstitch the ring onto background.
- As shown in the photo, heat fuse the Circles in place.
- Stitch around each Circle.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine as desired.
- Sew the binding Strips together to form one long Strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt, and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.