Gingerbread Card HolderProject #17876
Put your holiday cards on dazzling display! Arrange the Holiday Greetings shapes onto the Half-Oval background to make a most merry greeting card holder.
Products Used660929-Sizzix Bigz Die - Penny Rug Circles & Tongues 661385-Sizzix Bigz Plus Die - Half-Oval, 8" 660914-Sizzix Bigz Plus Die - Stocking 661636-Sizzix Bigz Die - Hearts & Scallop 662021-Sizzix Bigz L Die - Holiday Greetings
|(2) 13" x 16"||Marigold plaid wool||Cut (2) Half-Ovals|
Trim top even to 11" from the center of the curve
|3 1/2" x 7"||Deep brown wool||Cut (3) gingerbread men|
|7" x 10"||Bright red plaid wool||Cut (3) poinsettia flowers|
Cut (2) large hearts
Cut (3) 3/4" hearts
Cut (3) holly berries
Cut (1) stocking hanger
|2 1/2" x 10"||Green plaid wool||Cut (2) stocking hangers|
Cut (2) holly leaves
|1 1/2" x 4"||Bright yellow wool||Cut (3) 5/8" circles|
Cut (4) holly berries
- Finished Size: 8" x 9 3/4"
- Unless indicated otherwise, all stitching is with one strand of embroidery floss.
Assembling the Project:
- On both the front and back of the Half-oval pieces, turn the top 1" to the inside, and press.
- On the back piece, use gold floss and a running stitch 1/4" from the cut edge and 1/8" from the top edge, going through all the layers. Insert a 1/4" x 6" dowel into the tube, centering it. Set aside.
- Pin the two green hanger strips to the front Half-oval. Place the bottom strip 4" from the bottom curve. Place the top strip 3" from the folded top edge. Use a running stitch and green floss to stitch down the center of each strip.
- Center the holly in the top section, 1 1/4" from the folded edge. Stitch down the center with a running stitch and green floss.
- Place large red hearts on either side of the holly. Whipstitch with red floss.
- Attach red berries over the holly with a star stitch and red floss.
- Attach yellow berries to the center of the heart with a star stitch and gold floss.
- Center the gingerbread men between the two green strips. Whipstitch with brown floss.
- Anchor the hearts with a large X and red floss.
- Use ecru floss to make French knot eyes and two long stitches on each arm and leg.
- Position the poinsettias in the bottom section. Use gold floss and a running stitch to stitch each petal to the background.
- Attach the poinsettia center with red floss and a star stitch.
- With two strands of red floss, blanket stitch the top folded edge of the front piece.
- Pin the front and back together, aligning the raw edges. Blanket stitch with two strands of red floss, leaving the top open. Stitch the back hanger area closed with the dowel inside.
- Fold the red hanger in half with the cut ends even. Tuck inside at the center of the pouch, and anchor with gold floss, using several stitches.
- Press, hang and fill with greeting cards.