We have a soft spot for this playful buccaneer. Making dolls is easier than ever with Sizzix dies and a treasure chest of creativity.
|4" x 5"||Black dot||Cut (1) head|
|4" x 5"||Skin color||Cut (1) head|
|5" x 5"||Red stripe||Cut (2) bodies|
|3" x 5"||Navy||Cut (2) pants|
|1" x 1 1/2"||Black||Cut (1) eye patch*|
|3" x 4"||Black dot||Cut (2) hat flaps**|
|4" x 6"||Navy||Cut (4) legs|
|4" x 5"||Skin color||Cut (4) arms|
|2" x 4 1/2"||Black dot||Cut (1) hat*|
|1 1/2" x 2"||Brown stripe||Cut (1) side hair*|
|1 1/2" x 1 1/2"||Yellow felt||Cut (1) felt buckle|
|1/2" x 1/2"||Black||Cut (1) eye|
1/4" ribbon for belt
1 package of polyester fiberfill
- Finished Size: 7" x 8" (including arms and legs)
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless otherwise noted.
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before die-cutting the shapes.
- ** = Place fabric right sides facing to cut.
Assembling the Project:
- Arrange and iron on the hat, hair, eye and eye patch to the face. Topstitch around all of the appliqués. Stitch an eye patch strap and mouth. Hand stitch the buckle to the center of the body fabric.
- Align the raw edges (with right sides facing) of the bottom of the face and the top of the body together, and stitch. Align the right sides of the bottom of the body and the pants, and sew. Sew the same pieces together for the back of the dolls.
- With right sides together, sew two sets of hat flaps. Clip and turn.
- With right sides together, sew four sets of arms/legs. Clip the curves, and turn right sides out. Fill with fiberfill.
- Pin the two legs facing in onto the bottom of the front body. Sew along the edge.
- Arrange the hat flaps on the head. Pin the raw edges together (with hat flaps facing inward), following the curve of the head.
- Arrange and pin the arms facing inward on the front of the body. Place the body back on top with right sides facing, and pin to the front body. Sew around the outer edge, leaving the bottom open for turning.
- Clip the curves, turn right sides out and fill with fiberfill. Hand stitch the opening closed.
- Arrange and stitch the ribbon belt onto the pirate.