Pink Lemonade Wacky Web Quilt
Are you ready to get a little wacky? This fun quilt combines colorful fabrics and a topsy-turvy pattern. With Sizzix dies, it's easier than ever to cut and piece your wildest ideas!
|3 1/2 yd||Pink polka dot||Cut (240) Wacky Web triangle shapes|
|(9) 1/3 yd||Coordinating fabrics||Cut (120) Wacky Web kite shapes|
|1/2 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (7) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF|
|3 1/2 yd||Backing fabric|
|78" x 66"||Batting|
- Finished Size: 72 1/2" x 60 1/2"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
Piecing the Quilt Top:
- Sew one kite shape to one pair of triangle shapes to make a larger triangle (see Diagram 1).
- Repeat until all the kite shapes are sewn to triangle shapes to make larger triangles (see Diagram 2).
- Arrange four triangle units with the Wacky Web units pointing toward each other to form the periwinkle pattern (see Diagram 3). Make 30 blocks.
- Arrange the blocks five across by six down.
- Sew the blocks into rows. Press.
- Sew the rows together. Press.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine as desired.
- Sew the binding Strips together to form one long Strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.
- Figure 1
- Figure 2
- Figure 3