American Flag Wall Hanging #2
The stars and stripes have never been so cozy. Folksy fabrics and a simple design make this patriotic tribute a home favorite.
|1/2 yd||Blue print||Cut (4) 4 1/2" Squares|
Cut (3) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF for binding
|Fat 1/4||Blue polka dot||Cut (5) 4 1/2" Squares|
|Fat 1/8||Solid white||Cut (2) 4 1/2" Squares|
|Fat 1/8||White on white||Cut (3) 4 1/2" Squares|
|Fat 1/4||Red print||Cut (5) 4 1/2" Squares|
|Fat 1/4||Red polka dot||Cut (5) 4 1/2" Squares|
|16" x 40"||Batting|
|1/2 yd||Backing fabric||Cut (1) 16" x 40" rectangle|
- Finished Size: 12 1/2" x 32"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/8 = approximately 9" x 22"
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 22"
- WOF = width of fabric
Assembling the Project:
- Using the photo as a guide, lay out the Squares on a design wall or the floor. This will make it easier to keep track of piecing.
- Sew the Squares together into rows. Press the seams in alternate directions to reduce the bulk at the seams.
- Sew the rows together until you have completed the runner top. Again, press the seams in alternate directions.
- Layer the backing, batting and runner top. Quilt by hand or machine as desired.
- Sew the binding Strips together to form one long Strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the runner. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the runner, and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.