Oh! Deer Small Pillow
Here's an easy way to get 'a-head' of a trend! Appliqués are easy with the Sizzix eclips2 Fabric Series, so your home décor can always be in style and on point!
|Fat 1/4||Brown solid||Cut (1) 10" square*|
|1/4 yd||Gold print||Cut (1) 9 1/2" square|
Cut (2) 13 1/2" x 14" rectangles for the backing
|1 package||Lightweight fusible adhesive|
|1||10" Square pillow form|
- Finished Size: 9" x 9"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/4 = approximately 18" x 22"
- * = Adhere fusible adhesive to back of fabric before cutting the shapes.
Cutting the Shapes:
- In eCAL2, go to the eshape store, and search for the Deer Head set by Miss Kate Cuttables. Purchase this shape or a similar shape.
- Turn the "Layer" off the shapes you will not be cutting. Enlarge the chosen image to 8.000" x 5.738".
- Place the solid brown fabric right side down onto the Fabric Cutting Mat. Press firmly.
- Load the Fabric Cutting Mat, and cut when ready. If using scrap pieces, make sure to use "Laser Cut Preview" to ensure you will cut the shape correctly.
- Cut. Pull shapes and leftover fabric off the Fabric Cutting Mat.
Assembling the Pillow Top:
- Center the Deer Head on the 9 1/2" x 9 1/2" yellow print background. Heat fuse in place with an iron.
- Sew around Deer Head with coordinating thread as desired.
- Fold one of the remaining 9 1/2" in half, iron.
- Fold in 1/2" two times, ironing a crease. Stitch down the seam.
- Lay the 4 3/4" x 9 rectangle on top of the 8 1/2" x 9 1/2" square creating a 9 1/2" x 9 1/2" square. This creates the envelope style back.
- Layer the pillow top on top of the pillow back pieces, right sides together. Pin and sew with 1/4" seam allowance.
- Clip excess fabric in the corners on the diagonal. Turn right side out, stuff the pillow to desired loft and whipstitch closed.