Mini Carpenter Quilt
Try your hand at small project that is full of tradition! Using Sizzix Bigz dies to cut your fabric, you'll be able to complete this mini quilt in no time at all!
Theme: Quilting & Patchwork
|Fat 1/8||Solid green||Cut (24) 1 1/2" Half-Square Triangles|
|Fat 1/8||White print||Cut (16) 1 1/2" Squares|
Cut (32) 1 1/2" Half-Square Triangles
|1/2 yd||Black print||Cut (24) 1 1/2" Half-Square Triangles|
Cut (1) 2 1/2" Square
Cut (1) 2 1/2" wide Strip x WOF
|10" x 10"||Batting|
- Finished Size: 8 1/2" x 8 1/2"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- Fat 1/8 = approximately 9" x 22"
- WOF = width of fabric
Piecing the Block:
- Using the quilt photo as a guide, lay out the block on a design wall or the floor. This will make it easier to keep track of piecing.
- Sew together the sets of Half-Square Triangles, and then return each finished block back into the layout. Press the seam toward the dark side.
- Sew the blocks together into rows. Press the seams open to keep the bulk down at the points.
- Sew the rows together until you have completed the block. Again, press the seams open.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine as desired.
- Sew binding Strips together to form one long Strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt, and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.