- Cardstock (Kraft)
- Double-Sided Tape or Tape Runner
- Gold Paint Pen
- Liquid Adhesive
- Watercolor Palette
- Die-cut three lantern base panels (with a holly accent at the top) out of kraft cardstock by nesting the holly die in the upper small quadrant of the Winter Lantern base die. Die-cut one additional Winter Lantern base panel (with a poinsettia on the panel) by nesting the poinsettia die in the lower large quadrant of the Winter Lantern base die. Die-cut one handle out of kraft cardstock.
- With a watercolor palette, add a light brown shade over the base panels and the handle (avoiding the poinsettias, leaves and acorn on the front base panel). Allow the first layer of color to dry, and add additional layers of brown watercolor over the panels and handle until you achieve the preferred shade of brown.
- With a watercolor palette, add a red shade over the poinsettias and the holly berries. Add a green shade over the leaves around the poinsettias and the leaves around the holly berries. Add a dark brown shade around the acorn on the poinsettia front panel.
- After the panels have dried, fold along the creases lines of each lantern panel to begin assembly. With a liquid adhesive, adhere the flaps of one panel to the solid edge of another base. Repeat this process until the four-sided Winter Lantern is completely assembled. Fold the crease lines on the handle, and adhere each flap of the handle to the top inside edges of two panels directly opposite each other with liquid adhesive.
- With the Die Pick, push the leaves and the petals of the poinsettias forward to create dimension. Line the edges of the poinsettia petals with a gold paint pen.