Petite Block Sampler Wall HangingProject #18318
Let’s get building! No seam allowances are necessary with this die that precisely cuts your favorite wool quilt patterns.
Products Used662523-Sizzix Bigz Die - Square, Scallop 4 1/2" 662526-Sizzix Bigz L Die - Block Builders
|18" x 18"||Ivory wool||Cut (9) 4 1/2" Scallop Squares|
|scraps||Assorted wool colors||Cut desired blocks|
|1/2 yd||Navy wool||Cut (1) 18 1/2" x 19 1/2" rectangle|
|1/2 yd||Navy flannel||Cut (1) 18 1/2" x 19 1/2" rectangle|
|1||Wood dowel for hanging|
|Assorted embroidery floss|
- Finished Size: 18" x 18"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
Assembling the Project:
- Using the wall hanging photo as a guide, lay out the blocks on each Scallop Square. Glue baste or pin down the pieces. Stitch down the block designs.
- Use the 18 1/2" x 19 1/2" wool rectangle for the front of the wall hanging and the 18 1/2" x 19 1/2" navy flannel rectangle for the back. Set aside the back for now.
- Arrange the Scallop Squares on the front of the wall hanging, placing the bottom squares about 1" from the bottom of the rectangle as shown in the photo. Glue baste or pin. Stitch down the Scallop Squares.
- Layer the wall hanging front and back, right sides together. Pin and sew with a 1/4" seam allowance, leaving an opening approximately 6" long to turn right side out.
- Clip excess fabric in the corners on the diagonal. Turn right side out, and whipstitch closed.
- Fold the top edge over 1" and stitch down, going through all the layers to make a casing.
- Push a stick or wooden dowel through the casing. Tie a dark blue wool strip to each end, and tie the strips together at the top to form a hanger.