Serenity calls! Answer it with a creation that brings out your unique style with a fun release of peace and inspiration from the Tim Holtz Alterations collection.
- Bone Folder or Scoring Tool
- Canvas (4 1/2" x 4 1/2")
- Foil Transfer Gel
- Foil Sheet (Gold)
- Glue Stick
- Gold Paint Pen
- Hot Glue Gun
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Idea-ology Linen Ribbon by Tim Holtz
- Plastic Stencil Sheet
- Ranger Distress Oxide Inks (Broken China, Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Wilted Violet) by Tim Holtz
- Water Spray Bottle
- Apply Distress Oxide Inks (Broken China, Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade and Wilted Violet) randomly onto a 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" canvas. Spritz the canvas with water. Dry the canvas with a heat tool. Repeat the same steps until desired results are achieved.
- Die-cut out of a plastic stencil sheet the floral lace from the Mixed Media #5 set. Lay the die-cut stencil over the corner of the canvas, and spread a generous amount of foil transfer gel over the surface of the stencil using a spatula. Gently lift the stencil from the canvas, and set the canvas aside to dry. Repeat the same steps in the opposite corner of the canvas. Foil transfer gel needs to dry for about an hour to set.
- Heat the foil transfer gel with a heat tool until the surface of the gel is glossy, and then quickly place a gold foil sheet over the glossy gel. Burnish the surface with a bone folder. Heat the surface again with the heat tool. (Hint: Make sure you have a piece of the gold foil sheet cut to size and ready when using the heat tool to activate the foil transfer gel.)
- Die-cut out of gold and black cardstock the word Serenity from the Cutout Script alphabet set. Adhere with liquid adhesive the black word on top of the gold word, with the gold word slightly showing. Adhere the layered word diagonally across the center of the canvas with liquid adhesive.
- Die-cut twice out of black cardstock the floral motif from the Mixed Media #5 set. Trim along the top edge of the floral motif die-cuts with scissors. Adhere the die-cuts to the top and bottom corners of the canvas with liquid adhesive. Trim off the bottom edges of the die-cuts along the edge of the canvas. Embellish the black die-cuts with gold sequins.
- Adhere linen ribbon along the edges of the canvas with double-sided tape. Distress with gold paint pen.