Embossed Mechanics Wish Box
Industrial style takes a sophisticated turn with this on-trend trinket box. Mimic the look of real metal with a clever foil and paint technique using dies and textures from Tim Holtz Alterations.
- Cardstock (Black, Champagne)
- Adhesive Foam Tape
- Foam Sponge
- Glitter Washi Tape
- Hot Glue Gun
- Hot Glue Sticks
- Liquid Adhesive
- Paper Trimmer
- Paint (Black)
- Cut a black cardstock panel sized to fit the box top, and adhere it to the top of the box with hot glue.
- Cut a second black cardstock panel sized to fit the box top. Cover the panel with a silver Foil Adhesive Sheet. Cut the silver-covered panel into three equal panels. Using the Mechanics embossing folder, emboss the three panels. With a foam sponge, paint the three embossed panels with black paint, and lightly wipe off the excess paint.
- Align the embossed and painted panels side by side across the box top. Adhere the panels to the box top with hot glue.
- Add a strip of gold washi tape across the bottom of the box top.
- Die-cut out of champagne cardstock the background word Wishes using the Shadow Script #2 set. Die-cut out of black cardstock the script word Wishes. Layer and adhere the words together with liquid adhesive. Adhere the layered word over the washi tape with adhesive foam tape.