Blue Lagoon Quilt
Make a splash! Sew 10" Squares together, end to end, and die-cut them using the 2 1/2" Strips Die to create easy strips for faster sewing.
Theme: Quilting & Patchwork
|(54) 10" squares||Assorted prints||Read all directions first|
|1/2 yd||Binding fabric||Cut (7) 2 1/2" wide Strips x WOF|
|4 yd||Backing fabric|
|60" x 80"||Batting|
- Finished Size: 52" x 72"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
- WOF = width of fabric
Piecing the Quilt Top:
- Sew together six 10" squares in descending order from dark to light to form a 10" x 60" pieced square strip. Repeat eight more times.
- Press the seams open.
- Fold one 10" x 60" pieced square strip onto the Strips die lengthwise and die-cut. Repeat with eight remaining pieced strips.
- Using the photo as a guide, lay out the 36 60" strips to form the quilt top.
- Sew the rows together, alternating the direction of the sewn seams. Press.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine as desired.
- Sew the binding Strips together to form one long Strip. Fold wrong sides together lengthwise, and press.
- With a 1/4" seam, sew the raw edges of the binding to the edges of the right side of the quilt. Turn the folded edge of the binding to the back side of the quilt and stitch in place by hand, mitering the corners.