Sherbet Rag Quilt
Making this rag quilt with Sizzix has its fringe benefits. Simply die-cut flannel squares for an easy fringed effect. When finished sewing, just wash and tumble dry to fluff the fringed edges. It's that easy!
|(14) 1/2 yd||Assorted flannels||Assemble each set of squares by layering a front and a back with wrong sides together:|
Cut (64) Rag Quilt Square Sets (do not separate the sets after they are die-cut)
- Finished Size: 50" x 50"
- All seam allowances are 1" unless noted.
- For best results, use a sheet of paper as the top layer between the fabric and the Cutting Pad. The paper helps compensate for the proper pressure and height required for the cleanest die-cut shape.
Piecing the Quilt:
- Sew an X in the center of each block.
- Using the photo as a guide, arrange the blocks eight across by eight down.
- Sew the rows together to form the finished quilt.
- Clip any excess threads. Wash the quilt to soften and achieve a frayed rag look.