Llama Love Pillow
You've got to llove llamas. These fun appliqués add the final whimsical touch to a cuddly soft pillow.
|24" x 24"||Beige wool||Cut (2) Llamas (mirror image) |
Cut (4) Llama ears (mirror image)
Cut (2) Llama tails (mirror image)
|3" x 3"||Light brown wool||Cut (2) Llama muzzles|
Cut (2) hearts
|1" x 1"||Dark brown||Cut (4) Llama eyes|
|1" x 1"||Pink wool||Cut (4) Llama inner ears (mirror image)|
|3" x 3"||Turquoise wool||Cut (1) blanket (cut in half) |
Cut (2) hearts for bow tie
Cut (1) circle for center of bow tie
|2" x 2"||Purple wool||Cut (1) blanket (cut in half)|
|2" x 2"||Red wool||Cut (1) large heart|
Cut (1) small heart
|1/3 yd||Denim||Cut (2) 10" x 13" rectangles|
|1 1/4 yd||Fringe trim|
|1 package||Polyester fiberfill|
|Embroidery floss in various colors|
- Finished Size: 9" x 12"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
Assembling the Project:
- Use one 10" x 13" rectangle for the front of the pillow and one for the back. Set aside the back for now.
- As shown in the photo, arrange the Llama pieces and hearts on the pillow front.
- Use embroidery floss to stitch down the Llama pieces and hearts.
- Use decorative stitching where desired.
- With right sides together, baste the fringe trim along the perimeter of the pillow front.
- Layer the pillow top and pillow back, right sides together. Pin and sew with a 1/2" seam allowance, leaving an opening approximately 6" long to stuff.
- Clip excess fabric in the corners on the diagonal. Turn right side out.
- Stuff to desired loft with polyester fiberfill.
- Whipstitch the opening closed.