Baptism or First Communion Cupcake ToppersProject #19412
Here’s a sweet treat that’s almost too cute to eat! Top off your creativity nicely with the Celebrating Life collection to make perfect cupcake toppers for a special occasion.
Products Used663219-Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 8PK - Cruzes y Bordes (Crosses & Borders)
Other Supplies: Cardstock (Gold, Pink), Cake Stand, Cupcake Wrappers, Double-Sided Tape or Tape Runner, Glue Gun, Ribbon (Pink),Toothpicks
- Adhere an Adhesives Sheet to the back of a piece of pink cardstock. Die-cut two borders out of the adhesive-backed pink cardstock. (Due to the intricacy of the Thinlits dies, we recommend using the Chrome Precision Base Plate.)
- Remove the backing on the borders, and adhere the borders end to end around the top edge of a cupcake wrapper.
- Die-cut a cross out of gold cardstock.
- Using the Glue Gun, adhere the gold cross to the top of a toothpick.
- Tie pink ribbon into a bow. Using the Glue Gun, adhere the pink bow underneath the cross on the toothpick.
- Repeat steps 1–5 to create as many cupcake wrappers as needed.
- Die-cut borders again (as many as needed to wrap around a cake stand) out of gold cardstock. Adhere the borders around the top of a cake stand with double-sided tape. Arrange the cupcakes on the cake stand.