A Trip Around the World Pillow
Put classic country charm into your next pillow. This homespun treasure perfectly complements any décor and would look amazing on any couch or bed to complete your creative vision.
|1/4 yd||Blue print||Cut (20) 2 1/2" Squares|
|1/4 yd||Pink print||Cut (21) 2 1/2" Squares|
|1/4 yd||Solid green||Cut (20) 2 1/2" Squares|
|1/4 yd||Solid yellow||Cut (20) 2 1/2" Squares|
|3/4 yd||Backing fabric||Cut (2) 26" x 18 1/2" rectangles for the pillow back|
|20" x 20"||Batting|
|2 yd||Pom-pom trim|
|1||18" Square pillow form|
- Finished Size: 18" x 18"
- All seam allowances are 1/4" unless noted.
Piecing the Pillow Top:
- Using the quilt photo as a guide, lay out the pattern on a design wall or table. This will make it easier to keep track of piecing.
- Sew the 2 1/2" Squares together into vertical rows. Press the seams in alternating directions.
- Sew the vertical rows together to form the pillow top. Press the seams in alternating directions.
Attaching the Pom-Pom Trim:
- With the zipper foot, sew the pom-pom trim to the edge of the pillow top, curving the edges as you go.
- Layer the backing, batting and quilt top. Quilt by hand or machine, as desired.
- Place the pillow top right side up on a table. Lay one of the 26" x 18 1/2" rectangles, wrong side up, lining up the raw edges with the raw edges of the pillow top. Fold the rectangle wrong sides together.
- Lay the second 26" x 18 1/2" rectangle, wrong side up, on the side of the pillow top that is not covered. Folding wrong sides together. The backs will overlap, which will allow you to insert the pillow form. Pin the backs and top together.
- Stitch a 1/4" seam around the outside edge of the pillow.
- Turn pillow top right side out.
- Insert the pillow form.