Hark…an angel stars on this heavenly frame! Spread your wings and make this celestial statement with Sizzix.
Theme: Holidays & Celebrations, Christmas
Other Supplies: Cardstock (Brown, Cream, Gold, Pink, White Glitter), Decoupage Medium, Glitter (White Chunky), Ink Blending Tool, Ink Pad (Blue), Paint (White), Paintbrush, Printed Tissue Paper, Repositionable Adhesive, Rose Embellishment, Scissors, Tulle (White Glitter), Wood Frame
*Only the small star from the Box, Cupcake Thinlits die set is used. A Big Shot Plus Machine is not required to complete this project.
- Paint the frame and frame back with white acrylic paint and let dry. Apply another coat of white paint to the frame and immediately dust it with chunky white glitter. Allow to dry.
- Die-cut an assortment of small stars from the Cupcake Box set out of any color of cardstock. Use repositionable adhesive to adhere the stars in a haphazard pattern onto a 4 1/4" x 6 1/2" panel of white cardstock.
- Use an ink blending tool to apply blue ink over the surface of the white panel. Once finished, remove the star die-cuts.
- Cut a piece of the tissue paper to 4 1/4" x 6 1/4". Adhere the tissue paper over the inked panel using decoupage medium and a paintbrush.
- Die-cut the angel back (with the wings) from the Angel Box die out of white glitter cardstock. Adhere it to the center of the cardstock panel with hot glue.
- Die-cut the angel front (with the head and arms) from the Angel Box die out of pink cardstock. Adhere it over the angel back with hot glue.
- Attach Adhesive Sheets to brown, gold and cream cardstock.
- Die-cut the hair out of the brown cardstock, the face and hands out of the cream cardstock, and the halo out of the gold cardstock.
- Remove the adhesive backing from the die-cuts and adhere them to the angel. You may need to trim a bit of excess from the angel die-cut.
- Cut a piece of tulle ribbon to 3" x 6", gather and fold in half. Adhere it to the waist of the angel with hot glue.
- Die-cut the ribbon from the Angle Box out of gold cardstock and adhere on top of the tulle with hot glue.
- Adhere a rose embellishment on top of the ribbon die-cut with hot glue.
- Adhere the cardstock panel to the frame back, and assemble the frame with hot glue.