Other Supplies: Cardstock (Ivory and Black), Gliding Wax (Gold and Bronze), Distress Inks (Aged Mahogany, Ripe Persimmon, Abandoned Coral, Walnut Stain, Evergreen Bough, Forest Moss and Broken China), Craft Mat, Water Mister (Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer) and Distress Splatter Brush
- Spritz clean water onto a piece of black card to soften the fibers thereby creating a much smoother and deeper emboss. Place the card into the Holly Impresslits Embossing Folder and pass through your machine. Remove the die-cut/embossed shape and leave to dry.
- Apply bronze gilding wax to the holly to pick out and enhance the embossed detail. Apply a little gold gilding wax to create further contrast.
- Cut a rectangle of ivory card from which to create the colored background by blending together a selection of Distress Inks finishing with the Walnut stain around the edges. Spritz the background with clean water and set aside to dry naturally.
- Apply some of the ink pads directly onto a craft mat and spritz with clean water before splattering some of the ink onto a pre-printed/stamped ivory base card.
- Mount both the background and holly onto the base card.